Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Nostalgia - a look back at April '97 with Vogue

Over the years I have gathered quite a collection of Vogue magazines. I've been having a look through them recently trying to decide if I want to keep any. This is probably one of the oldest ones I have. Here's a peek...

In April 1997, I had just turned 18. I was working as a Beauty Therapist, completely obsessed with make-up and I was a bit of a Goth. I probably wouldn't have admitted to anyone that I bought Vogue. 


Kirsty Hume was the face of Chanel and Chanel N.o5 was being celebrated with a Andy Warhol makeover. 


David Bailey's Rock and Roll Heroes exhibition was about to open and his book of the same title was being published.


Lisa Armstrong and Pamela Hanson gave us a look at what was happening backstage at the Catwalk shows. 


Courtney Love had been re-invented and photographed by Steven Meisel.


Sherbet colours and wedge heels were hot for summer...


..and make-up was metallic 


The end


What were you up to in 1997?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...